Monday 28 February 2011

Feels like home in Ma Maison

Wistful with grandma cooking? Let's try Ma Maison!
It is a western-Japanese restaurant with the concept of old kitchen.


When I first came, I was amazed by the interior of the restaurant. It made me feel nostalgic and homey.
A flowery table cloth, curtains, and surrounded by full set of kitchen utensils which so vintage looking.

*the interior of the restaurant



I went there for lunch with friend and below, were foods that we had.

Firstly, I ordered escargot with garlic butter and clam chowder soup as our appetizers.
For the appetizers, I only have the picture of escargot. Yummy? yes it does. It was so tender, moist, and juicy. It mixed well with the garlic butter sauce which so tasty and melted in the mouth perfectly. They were a little bit difficult to eat because of the shell. But, don't worry. They will give you a pincers.

 *Escargot with garlic butter sauce

Besides that, We had a delicious main courses!

* Scotch egg


The scotch egg was toothsome! I like the brown-layered (I think it was a beef) which covered the egg. It was so crunchy and with the black sauce underneath the eggs tasted really great.

*Chef's pizza
Okay, again! I would say it savored awesome! The pizza was thin and crispy at the edge. Topped with bacon's, prawns, beef salamis, and mozzarella cheese. What a great combination. Damn good.

Last but not least. It's dessert time! :)
I heard from a friend who really like to eat there that all the dessert freshly arrived from Nagoya, Japan. Wow.. 
 * Banana Caramel Pie

From all the foods I had, I really like this one. I loved the pie layered. It was crunchy yet tender. Covered with a layer of banana pudding then fresh caramelized bananas. At first, I thought the thick white rounded shape was marshmallow but I guessed wrongly. It was just cream topped with walnut. Overall? Love it!


2 comments:

  1. sluurrpp.. the escargot is superr nicee!! loce it^^ -janissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i alr tried this restaurant because of ur recommendation!
    love ur blog! :D

    ReplyDelete